The Town Manager serves as the Council’s Chief of Staff and is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Town. All department supervisors report to the Manager who works closely with the Mayor to carry out policies established by the Town Council.
The Town Manager is charged with keeping current on legislative issues at national, state and local levels to assure that Wellton’s interests are represented.
The Town Manager also serves as the Finance Officer and Personnel Director. His office and staff is responsible for all financial affairs of the Town; budget, accounts payable and receivable, payroll, utility billing and collections and information services.
The Town Clerk’s Office serves our residents and customers by providing information on Town Council and administrative actions, provides notice of hearings and bids, oversees the Town Council agendas and is responsible for preparing and maintaining the minutes of all meetings and work shops and by planning and implementing all municipal elections.
Magistrate & Court.
The Wellton Municipal Court is located at 10250 Dome Street and is open Monday – Friday from 8:00 a.m.-5 p.m. Wellton Municipal Court handles all traffic, misdemeanor and town ordinance violations. Jury trials are very infrequent and citizens are rarely called into court to serve as a trial juror. If you have any questions, call the Court at (928) 785-3321.
The employees of the Public Works Department perform some of the most visible and important functions in the Town government, which includes: protecting the longevity of all Town facilities, our public water system, streets, roads, drainage as well as Town-owned vehicles and buildings.
The Street Division provides for the routine maintenance and control of all Town streets, alley and drainage structures and facilities, which includes patching, sweeping and dust control treatment. It is also responsible for erecting and maintaining the street signs, which warn motorists about potential hazards and help them get where they are going safely and quickly. The Street Division’s work may not sound exciting, but it facilitates the general public’s movements in a safe and orderly manner.
All developers of new subdivisions are required to pave streets in accordance with Town standards.
The Public Works Department is also responsible for maintaining all Town-owned buildings and equipment.
- Water and Trash Service. Water and trash service is provided by the Town of Wellton, 28634 Oakland Avenue, (928) 785-3348.
- Electric Service. Electric service is provided by Wellton Mohawk Irrigation and Drainage District, 30570 Wellton Mohawk Drive, (928) 785-3351
- Natural Gas. Natural gas is provided by Southwest Gas, (800) 860-6020 or visit http://southwestgas.com/
- Septic Systems. Homes in Wellton are served by individual septic systems. To construct or upgrade a septic system, make application to Yuma County Development Services located at 2351 West 26th Street, Yuma, Arizona, (928) 817-5000.
- Trash Transfer Station. The trash transfer station is within Yuma County. If you wish to haul your trash, the Yuma County Transfer Stations is located approximately one and one-half miles south of Wellton on the west side of Avenue 29E. It is open from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. on Sunday and Monday each week and closed on holidays. There may be a charge for dumping. For additional information, call Yuma County Public Works at (928) 329-2306.